Electrical or strictly technical definition of an Extra Low Voltage system refers to the system which operates in voltage not exceeding 35V (or 60V ripple free DC), but in the construction business an ELV system refers to the system which needs electricity to work but it is not the part of the building’s main electrical system.
As per the image above, some of the systems which falls under ELV Systems are:
• LAN and WLAN cabling systems have no electricity passing through their cables.
• Telephony systems
• CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) & IPTV
• ACS (Access Control System)
• Fire alarms
• CATV (Cable Television)
• SMATV (Satellite Master Antenna Television)
• Home Automation Systems, IOT systems etc.
There are many more of them and very often their common “ELV” name does not explain what all these systems are all about.
Filcom has the expertise to maintain, implement and integrate these systems together and give best of all systems which will save money, latest technology, integrate all systems under one system and promote the look of the building.